Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Crossfit update



So I am almost at my month mark for crossfit, and I am LOVING it!!!! In just this short amount of time I have grown so much stronger! I've never liked running at all, even when I was at my thinnest weight. But now I find myself running and enjoying it. When I started crossfit on June 17th I remember we had to run 400 meters, and that was a struggle! Yesterday we had to do 800 meters for part of our warm up and I didn't realize until I made it to the 800 meter mark that I ran all the way there without taking a walk break, that was a huge breakthrough for me, especially since I've been experiencing recent knee pain. 

So with starting crossfit I have also started doing Paleo as of July 1st, and so far my experience with it has been positive, I've already dropped some pounds. I am down 109 lbs since starting this journey almost a year ago and it's amazing to think of how different and amazing I feel! 

I started as a girl that had big fitness goals and didn't know where to start, a girl that wouldn't be caught dead in a bathing suit unless I had on a shirt and shorts, to a girl that is lifting heavy weights, running, and wearing a bathing suit with confidence. I still have about 40 lbs until I reach my goal weight, but I'm confident that by end of this year I will attain this goal. Once I've attained that goal I'm going to start working on building more muscle so that I can get on stage and compete in a figure competition. I used to be afraid to dream big, but now I realize it's not that the dreams are too big, but that our fears make our dreams seem too big. The saying the body achieves what the mind believes is so true, and I believe this could be applied in many facets of life - not just fitness. So with whatever you do in life, make sure you do it with passion, try your best and give it your all. 

Healthy salutations - AJility Fitness

www.facebook.com/AJilityfitness

www.instagram.com/ajilityfitness

www.twitter.com/ajilityfitness

www.ajilityfitness1214@gmail.com



Recent progress picture: 

Crossfit day 1 and Saturday progress pic: 






No comments:

Post a Comment